Most building owners have contractors looking after the active fire components in their building/s, however the Occupancy Permit or Maintenance Determination may also require an annual inspection to be carried out to the building’s Passive Fire Systems. ESM Compliance specialises in passive audit reports. Our inspection and corresponding report is intended to identify Passive Fire System non compliances and bring them to the attention of the owner or manager responsible in order that corrective action can be taken if required.
ESM Compliance can provide certification on the Passive Essential Safety Measures in buildings. This passive inspection and report will provide compliance in terms of maintenance requirements as listed on Occupancy Permits or Maintenance Determinations and will enable ESM Compliance to sign off on each building’s Annual Report.
Passive elements include:
- Building elements required to satisfy prescribed fire-resistance levels
- Materials and assemblies required to have fire hazard properties
- Elements required to be non-combustible, provide fire protection, compartmentation or separation
- Wall Wetting Sprinklers (including doors and windows required in conjunction with wall-wetting sprinklers)
- Fire Doors (Including sliding fire doors and their associated warning systems) and associated self-closing, automatic closing and latching mechanisms
- Fire windows (including windows that are automatic or permanently fixed in the closed position)
- Fire shutters
- Solid core doors and associated self-closing, automatic closing and latching mechanisms
- Fire protection at service penetrations through elements required to be fire-resisting with respect to integrity or insulation, or to have a resistance to the incipient spread of fire
- Fire protection associated with construction joints, spaces and the like in and between building elements required to be fire-resisting with respect to integrity and insulation
- Smoke doors and associated self closing, automatic closing and latching mechanisms
- Proscenium walls (including proscenium curtains)